Sunday, December 19, 2010

Better late than never


Well first off im not a writer or anything close. If you want some in depth or smart guy blog then keep moving.. I do like Google and Android (Droid owner) and anything new and shiny when it comes to Computers or technology.I was doing my normal news reading when i saw a story about Google's new Chrome OS. Of course i wanted to know more so i clicked on the story and scanned through. Down at the bottom of the page was a link to try the pilot program for this OS and you get a laptop to try it on! So i like im sure one million other eager folks filled out the application to be a part of this beta program. This was on the 13th of December. I answered as truthful as i could I went back to work on my regular job and did not think anything of it. Well two days later on the 15th i came home to find a box on the back steps of my house. I had no idea what it was, maybe a Christmas gift from family or something the wife bought online. So i look at the shipping label its got my name on it, still dont know what it is. So i pop the box open only to find the now famous box that holds the Cr-48. I was like a kid in a candy store im 31 years old and started jumping around and LOL.. My kids thought i was crazy.. I pulled the laptop out of the package and put the battery in LOL the whole time (Crazy i say) Hit the power button and loaded up my account. I quickly noticed that my new ChromeBook browser looked just like my Chrome browser at work. So i started to explore this new and crazy idea of keeping everything in the cloud.
First thing it connected right up to my home WiFi! This is a good sign. All my Gmail and GV accounts loaded right up.On my other laptop i was able to make phone calls through Gmail so thats one first things i tried. I called the wife only to hear i was very choppy and she could not understand me. So i hung up and pulled out the Droid. And went on to tell her how i just received this laptop in the mail. She was happy for me but not as excited as i was/am!

I thought what to check out next.. Ive been watching alot of Netflix with this new Wifi BluRay player i bought so i went straight to Netflix only to find out "this OS does not support Netflix" so that a bummer but hey you cant have everything all the time right. Youtube works Hula and most if not other videos i come across. Well i think thats enough ramblings. Next up i will review the hardware of this thing.

Like i said im just a normal guy with a new toy. Google wants feedback and im going to give it.

JB

No comments: