Well im sure if you are reading this then you either have a ChromeBook or you want one. If you did not know about the new Chrome notebook pilot Group that is made and ran by Google then you do now.
The other day around 3 in the morning a lot of phones and email inbox's went crazy to the tune of around 100 emails from this Google Group. Then the next day i received an email from Google explain what happened.
Note in the email from Google that if you received this email then either have a ChromeBook or you will hear from them soon!! (Keep checking your mail) Click Read More to Read the email from Google \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Chrome Notebook Team to me
show details Feb 12 (2 days ago)
Earlier this morning, you may have received a large number of emails from email@example.com regarding the Chrome notebook Pilot program user forum. We apologize for this inconvenience, and you will not receive any more messages from this address. Instructions for deleting these messages are at the end of this email.
What happened? We planned to launch our Chrome Notebook Pilot forum next week to all users who had been selected for the Pilot program. Last night, around midnight Pacific time, a user discovered this forum and posted a message. Unfortunately, we had misconfigured this forum to email every post to every member. Thus, the first post started an avalanche of responses. Some messages were unsubscribe requests, others were thoughtful comments or questions, but all of them were emailed to every user. We have since deleted this group.
We’ve created a brand new user forum, which you can sign up for here:
Rest assured: you will not be added to this forum unless you sign up using the link above.
The goal of the forum is to provide a centralized place for Pilot users to share their Chrome notebook experiences and tips. In addition, with a centralized forum, our team can more effectively respond to your questions and feedback.
If you are receiving this email and have not yet received a Cr-48, you should be hearing from us soon. Again, our apologies for the flood of emails, and we hope you will join us at the new forum.
Chrome Notebook Team
How to delete previous messages:
1. In the Gmail search box, type "from:chrome-notebook-pilot-users" and press Enter.
2. Click the checkbox to the left of the Archive button to Select All.
3. At the top of the search results, click the link that says "Select all XX conversations in Search results."
4. Click the Delete button. You should not receive any more messages from this address.
Other email programs
1. Use the search function in your email program to find messages with the sender firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Select all the messages in the search results.
3. Delete the messages. You should not receive any more messages from this address